Suppose you own a general motor vehicle from the ’90s or 2000, then the gm navigation radio may always lock up whenever there is an issue with the battery. Sounds frustrating, isn’t it? Well, that’s exactly true!
From entering the identification code to phoning in the code and using it to unlock the radio, we have you covered. However, there are some steps you have to follow if you want to open the radio with ease.
Unfortunately, many GM dealerships try hefty amounts from people to provide them the retrieval code.
But wait! Believe it or not, you can get the code within minutes using the necessary information.
Here we have mentioned a step-by-step guide on how to unlock GM navigation radio easily. So let’s take a closer look!
Firstly you need to find the radio identification code. Then, follow the steps mentioned below to accomplish the process. The steps include:
- Start the radio as it is a normal process. Then, please turn it on until you get the entire accessory options.
- Once it’s done, you have to on the radio by pressing the power button located on the volume dial.
- Now, if your radio is locked, it will appear written as LOC on display.
- Keep in mind if it’s not written LOC, the issue is not with the locking system. You may need to check other parts.
- In this case, you have to take the car to any mechanic to diagnose the problem quickly.
- The GM radios are known for automatic locking whenever there is a disruption in the car’s battery.
- You have to make sure that the radio has got a locking problem and not anything else so you can follow the procedure easily.
- We recommend you have a piece of paper for writing.
- That’s because unlocking the navigation radio requires you to enter a 4-digit code, and it’s necessary.
- Without this numerical code, you can’t complete the operation.
- You can write two separate numbers such as 3-digits, as it helps you to get when punching different numbers on the radio’s interface.
- Many radios only provide you 15 seconds to perform the fundamental steps as the display will reset itself. Therefore try not to waste your time. Sounds similar, right?
- What’s next? You have to press and stop to 1 and 4 as soon as a 3-digit number comes on the screen. You might need to hold the buttons for almost 10 sec.
- Now once you get the number, write then quickly. Make sure you write the numbers precisely.
- And guess what? You finally got the first three digits of the code.
- But what about the second half? Here’s what you need to do. Now press the AM and FM buttons if you want to get the second half of the identification number.
- Once you are done with it, three numbers are displaying on the screen. Finally, you got the last three numbers too. Write them down precisely in an accurate manner.
- Ensure that the pattern and order of numbers are accurate. Nothing can be worse than entering the identification code, and it pops up to be wrong. Then, all the processes will fail.
- Also, you can confirm this six-digit code with general motors’ by calling them whenever you need to unlock the navigation radio.
What you have to do here? Let’s dig a little deeper! The step includes:
- Firstly connect to the radio hotline mentioned in the GM manual. To make this happen, you need to dial 1-800-537-5140.
- Once you get connected, they will ask you about the GM’s radio identification code. Moreover, you may be asked for the dealer access code.
- The hotline will offer you a 4-digit code that will be beneficial in unlocking the radio.
- The line is automated, so don’t there is no need to wait for a human to talk.
- GM radio hotline is available 24/7; therefore, complete assistance is provided.
- When they ask you for the dealer code, it is beneficial to enter number 106010 as it is the most common one used by GM personnel.
- Push the # button to precede the request efficiently.
- In typical situations, a licensed GM dealer will reset the radio that’s because they have a unique code.
- Once you enter the code, it avoids the troubles and expenses of paying the dealership.
- You can punch the vehicle’s 6-digit code when it is instructed. Now you have to read the digits from left to right.
- Ensure you haven’t included any numbers or symbols accidentally. You have to make an entire seven button presses when it’s done.
- Lastly, you have to put the 4-digit code the instructor has recited to you. Do you know what? The automated voice will only tell you the code at once.
- Therefore listen to the code carefully. It’s beneficial to have a pen and paper so you can write it precisely.
- Now you have all the information you require to unlock the radio with ease. Ensure you have entered the correct code, as the process will begin again if you entered the wrong retrieval code.
- If your first code is not working, you can try again putting the code.
- GM offers numerous dealer codes, and many are designed for multiple dealerships of various vehicles.
Follow it precisely to unlock the GM navigation radio. This step includes:
- Now thumb up the hour button on your radio. Press it until two code numbers appear on the screen.
- With the simultaneous pressing of the button, the digits will increase by 1.
- You have to press the button until you get half of the radio retrieval code.
- Let us show you this way! Suppose the first two numbers of your code are 12; it means you need to press the hour button 12 times. Got it?
- These buttons are located on the right corner of your radio interface.
- Now you have to push the minute button for the last two numbers of the code.
- For finishing entering the retrieval, the code does the same process as the only change is that you have to push it in a minute position.
- Ensure that you are writing the correct code as that’s most crucial.
- Once you hold the minute button, it ensures to cycle all the digits, making it more accessible automatically.
- Another thing is to push the AM and FM buttons as they will help you unlock the radio.
- Make sure the screen features SEC when the radio is unlocked, and you can use navigation easily.
- You can then switch it to whatever you want to do using the radio and specify the input of your choice.
- You can follow the same process every time the radio locks unexpectedly.
- What if the radio is still not operating after entering the code? In this case, you can have a meeting with the GM dealership or a professional.
- Lastly, you have to leave the battery running for almost 1 hour. That’s because you have to clear an INOP message.
- Why does this happen? It happens when you have entered the wrong radio retrieval code many times, and it has been locked.
- You have to wait an hour by leaving the battery on till you receive an INOP message.
- Therefore putting the correct code will save you from all this mess, and it’s pretty reasonable, too, unless you have to start the process repeatedly.
- Ensure to complete it in one attempt as it will save your time and money.
You are now familiar with the entire process of unlocking the radio navigation, and it will provide you endless benefits in all manners.
Sounds impressive, right? The whole process is beneficial to help you in all aspects. Follow the steps mentioned above to unlock the Navigation radio to get lost in any area.
Admittedly the available motor vehicles offer an installed navigation system that needs to be unlocked for use. Without proper unlocking, it can never be used effectively.
Many times the manufacturers work to install the DVD. But most of the time, they might leave installation for you.
Moreover, the navigation system is incorporated in a few vehicles, and it’s no more an exception. That’s because it helps while you are traveling to any unfamiliar destinations.
There is nothing more stressful than being lost in an unknown area just because you don’t know how to unlock GM navigation radio.
GM navigation radio is highly beneficial to keep you safe on unfamiliar roads; therefore, unlocking it is necessary for every driver.
You have to be careful when completing the process, as a single mistake will take you back to the beginning.
But guess what? Don’t worry, as we are here to help you. We have done a detailed emphasis on the fundamental steps you have to follow to get the best results of unlocking your GM navigation radio.