Everyone is familiar with Maytag as it a famous brand for manufacturing some groundbreaking washers and dryers, and there is no doubt about it seriously.
Well, Maytag has been helping the users for years, and it is a top seller. The clothes washer is indeed the most important appliance used in every home, and there is no doubt about it.
Sometimes the washer requires correct assistance to deal with all the problems and issues regarding its operation. It needs frequent repair, and it is necessary to know how you can deal with all such matters.
That’s incredibly crucial for the correct functioning of your Maytag washer.
Here in this article, we have mentioned all the necessary information you need to reset the washer allowing it to work effectively.
Follow up on all the steps mentioned below to reset your washer with ease. Sounds impressive, right? Let’s dig a little deeper to know more!
How to Reset Maytag Bravos Washer?
Once the washer gets stuck on one cycle and doesn’t move to the next one, the most common issue is that the timer needs replacement.
That’s because the timer controls all the features such as wash, rinse, and spin cycles.
It may look like a difficult task but trust me. It’s easy if you are aware of all the key aspects.
It will help you to reset the machine with ease. Follow up the steps mentioned below to reset the washer effortlessly!
- Firstly you have to cut off the power supply to your washer for at least 1 minute.
- Once you get it done, plug -in the washer again.
- Now lower and lift the lid almost six times. Accomplish this step within 12 seconds.
- You will get a total of 30 seconds to start lowering the lid successfully.
- Make sure the lift is raised almost 2-inches.
- The magnetic connection should be interrupted on the lid.
This is undoubtedly the easiest way to reset the washer if there is no additional issue. But if there are different problems, you can follow up our guide to deal with them accordingly.
For example, the washer needs resetting whenever there is a blown fuse or a tripped breaker. Other than this, there are other problems too which can make the machine run less smoothly.
How to Troubleshoot a Maytag Bravos Washer?
Is there a troubleshoot issue in your Maytag Bravo washer? If there is, you have to follow a few crucial steps to deal with it quickly.
Follow up these steps to deal with common troubleshooting problems experienced by your washer. The steps include :
- Do the washers vibrates severally, especially during the spin cycles? In that case, you need to open the lid and redistribute the entire load to minimize vibration up to a great extent.
- If it rocks or vibrates even after redistribution of loads, then there must be a problem with the feet. Adjust the feet accordingly on the washer.
- If there is a clicking noise in the machine, check if there is some metallic object left in the clothing pocket or a pin and coin. They are known to make such sounds.
With all these steps, it will be helpful to deal with your Maytag washer and maintaining it for prolonged periods.
But, first, make sure the lid switch is assembled perfectly, and therefore, the machine will work reliably in all aspects.
If The Washer Lacks Smooth Movement During Cycles
The standard-issue addressed by many people is that the Maytag Bravo washer doesn’t continue to its following process once after every wash cycle.
How will you solve this issue? Here’s a complete guide to it!
If your washer operates and completes the washing cycler well but lacks automatic movement to the spin cycle, the most obvious is with the lid switch.
Whenever the door locking switch doesn’t work entirely, the washer never gets into spin mode.
If this occurs, then what can be the most suitable solution? How will you make it easy-going?
In that case, you have to follow the steps mentioned below to make the locking lid switch function decently. The steps include:
- Firstly you have to clean the entire lid switch.
- Clear all the contact points on your lid switch.
- After that clean, the entire body of the Maytag washer using a cotton swab.
- Ensure that the cotton swab is enriched with rubbing alcohol. That’s because it can eliminate the whole dirt that’s built upon the lid.
- But if the problem remains after cleaning the switch, then you may need to change the lid switch.
- Don’t worry, as door switches are not costly and are effortless to replace.
- You will only need to go through the user manual and replace the switch accordingly.
If There is Excess Lint Left on Your Clothes
Sometimes your washer leaves excessive lint on the clothes even after more than one rinse cycle. Unfortunately, that’s a problem which occurs frequently!
Traditionally many washers came with a removable filter allowing you to clean it manually.
But today’s upgraded washers feature built-in filters that are difficult to clean. Well, don’t worry, we have got you covered. With three simple steps, you can get over this problem with ease.
Clear the Washer
The first step is to clear the washer. It is indeed an easy task and can be done frequently.
As we know that top-loading washers like Maytag Bravos are known to use less water, and the lint doesn’t get washed as it can using a standard washer.
That’s because they use much more water than Maytag washers. Therefore, after each month, you should have a cleaning cycle to flush away all the residue left in the lint.
Use the Washer Accurately
No doubt, excessive lint becomes problematic when you use a high amount of detergent. The problem arises when detergent leaves multiple residues on your clothes.
And guess what? Those residues are sticky to hold the hairs and lint. Therefore, we recommend you yo use only two spoons of quality detergent during each load.
Examine the Water Pump Filter
Another reason for excess lint on your clothes after the washer stops is that the water pump filter is not working well. Generally, it gets clogged.
It causes the suspended lint to drain, slowing while leaving multiple deposits on your clothes. The pump filter is easy to clean all you need to do to follow the user manual provided by Maytag.
However, you will find many buttons, socks of lint that are stuck in the filter, causing a slow draining process.
Issues with Maytag Washer Fabric Softener Dispenser
There is also a natural problem occurring in the fabric softener dispenser, making it non-functional. The dispenser will leave a residue like gooey in the washer’s dispenser cup.
The standard issue, in this case, is that the softener dispenser has got clogged and needs proper assistance. You can make the dispenser run after following the steps mentioned below!
Ensure to follow each step fully to get the best results. The steps are:
Clean Your Softener Dispenser
There are two situations, and you have to act accordingly to accomplish the task.
- Some washers feature removable dispensers so remove the dispenser first.
- Fill your sink using hot water and place the softener dispenser there for almost 30 minutes.
- Now you can use a bottle brush to clean all the openings.
- Ensure that the brush is soft-bristled.
- But wait! What if the dispenser is non-removable? Then you can use distilled white vinegar to clean it thoroughly.
- Firstly you need to heat the vinegar and make sure it doesn’t boil.
- Now dip your old toothbrush in that vinegar and provide the softeners dispenser a reliable scrubbing.
- You can now fill the entire dispenser with the distilled vinegar.
- Lastly, allow the washer to run empty.
Use Fabric Softener Accurately
There may be any problem with the old fabric softener. Softeners get thickened and separated with time. That’s because of the temperature changes.
Ensure to use half softener and half water whenever you fill up the dispenser. It will allow the dispenser to work up to a great extent. It’s pretty beneficial too!
Overall, a Maytag washer is a brilliant addition to your home appliances, and using it reliably can help you perform many operations effortlessly.
However, troubleshoot problems, and complex processes is a normal thing when it comes to a washer. You can address then using practical information to get the maximum out of it.
Whether it’s a problem with the dispenser or excessive lint on clothes, you can solve the problem at home by following easy and quick steps.
A Maytag machine will work perfectly for years if maintained correctly and checked weekly, trust me.
We hope that after getting through all the problems and issues, you will come to know the most evident way of resetting your Maytag machine without any difficulty.
Follow up the steps carefully so you can get the best-in-class experience.