Have you ever wondered what Moen faucets are? Generally, they are an excellent addition to our bathroom and kitchen seriously.
Believe it or not, they are well-known for providing high-quality performance and are working well for years, no doubt. Sounds impressive, right?
But wait! Wait! These faucets may require minor repairs whenever things go wrong. Almost all people love using taps in their kitchen or bathroom, isn’t it?
But what if the faucet begins to leak? Will you need to remove it, isn’t it? The most effortless process is to remove the Moen faucet handle without screws.
It takes a little time to accomplish this task and is relatively easy for everyone.
Moreover, in this article, we have gone through a detailed emphasis on how to remove Moen faucet handle without screws.
Things you Require to Remove the Moen Faucet Handle
There are a few tools you will need to remove the faucet reliably. Moreover, it is reasonably necessary to remove the faucet durably.
- Philips screwdriver
- Scrap wood
- Faucet puller
- Spray lubricant
- Slot screwdriver
- Scrap wood
- Penetrating oil
- Faucet puller
Here’s all you need to complete the process reliably
How to Remove Moen Faucet Handle Without Screws: A Step-by-Step Guide
Many Moen faucets come with different grips for high-end stability, but most of them contain no screws. Do you know why? That’s mainly for aesthetic purposes.
If you are a homeowner, you need to know the process of removing a Moen faucet handle coming without screws; that’s truly a great deal for users.
Why do you need to remove a bathroom faucet handle?
- When you plan to replace the handle with a new one.
- If there is a need to change the cartridge.
- If you want to clean the handle from inside.
- For changing the filter.
- Look for the leakage inside the handle.
The Step-by-Step Guide:
If you want to remove the Moen faucet handle, you need to follow the proper steps to accomplish it correctly.
It may look challenging but trust it is easy to follow the guide below and get the most accessible experience.
Find the button and cap
- Check the faucet handle carefully.
- Locate the button or cap.
- Generally, it is present on the top and size.
Use a screwdriver and pull the button or cap out
- With care, you have to insert a small screwdriver inside the gap.
- Now work it gently and smoothly around the corner until it pops off or unscrews.
- Keep in an account that most faucet handles come with delicate handles.
- If you do not handle them with care, they can break.
- In this case, you have to order a replacement, whether online or buy it from any shop.
Power off the water supply
- Now off the water supply.
- It is crucial, significantly when you change the cartridge.
Remove the Screw
- Now remove the screws from inside after you have popped out the button.
- Using a wrench can accomplish it perfectly.
- Firstly you have to measure the screw size to find the correct wrench for you.
- Moreover, screws are small enough that they can quickly drain.
- Ensure that you have closed the drain.
- After that, remove the screw to avoid losing it through the drain.
- This process is quite crucial to follow.
Pull the handle efficiently
- Once the screw pops out, you can pull the faucet’s handle.
- If it is intimidating to pull it using your hands, you can use a faucet handle puller or pliers.
- But wait! Pliers are responsible for scratching the faucet handle if you apply them directly.
- Before using pliers, wrap a towel all over the base of your faucet handle.
- Once the handle is removed, there may be a few mineral deposits.
- You can use lemon or even distilled water to wipe them away.
- And guess what? BOOM! You have successfully removed the faucet handle without screws. Sounds impressive, right?
- Now you can do what you want, whether you can replace the cartridge and clean everything and return the handle as you removed it.
Remove the Double Faucet Handle Without Screws
Have you ever wondered how to remove the double faucet handle without screws? Here’s the step-by-step guide to know the entire process in detail.
Let’s show you this way!
Power off the water supply
- Firstly turn off the water supply.
- That’s actually for your safety.
Twist the faucet handle from the base
- Place the faucet’s handle arm appropriately.
- Rotate the base counterclockwise.
- Now remove it.
Remove the screw
- Once the facet’s base is removed, you can remove the screws inside.
- Now hold the centerpiece underneath.
- Use a screwdriver to accomplish the process.
Pull the cartridge
- Once the screw is out, you will see a visible cartridge below.
- You can remove it using needle pliers and now replace them.
- People express frustrations when removing the cartridges, especially when using pliers.
- Follow the steps carefully to accomplish the process.
Tips for Removing the Moen Faucet Handle Without Screws
There are a few tips to make the process run smoothly. Do you know what? The entire process requires the following precautions:
- When the handle’s head begins to strip, try to push it down, hard on the screwdriver, therefore, turning the process to keep it engaged.
- When the head strips, there is a need for a drill and a screw extractor to remove it efficiently.
- Moreover, you should avoid having excessive force while tapping the faucet handle using a hammer.
- Handles are effortless to break, and dent occurs often.
Moen faucets are available in lots of designs and styles, isn’t it?
The primary purpose of these handles is to protect the faucets while allowing the water to pass through them reliably and come for cosmetic purposes.
Moreover, these handles are responsible for improving your kitchens or bathroom appearance and are incredibly eye-catching.
Because of the versatile design, it may look daunting to remove the handles without screws.
If you want to get optimal results for removing the screw-free Moen faucet handles, you need to ensure the handle kind and follow the whole process reliably.
After reading this article, we hope that you will get the most accessible process of removing the faucet handle appropriately.